Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Annette: "Triplets...Practically!"


As Mom's, we get lots of advice! Some we ask for and much we do NOT, lol! There are the Mom's we go to for advice, and the Mom's we avoid (and roll our eyes at) when it comes to advice.
My friend Annette, was definitely one of my "Go To Mom's" when it came to questions and advice. There are several things she shared with me over the years that worked, but there is one that to this day I say is genius! While visiting her one day, I overheard her say to one of her children that they needed to behave or they would "be disciplined". She began to share with me that that is the word they use for correction with their kids. Now, I consider this genius for a variety of reasons, the main one being, follow through. If you say to your children that they are headed towards time out, or are going to have something taken away, or some other- you MUST follow through with whatever you just said (or else your word means nothing). But, if you tell them they are going to be disciplined, you have not locked yourself into anything specific- but the kids know that something IS coming! Genius, right? Well, maybe not to anyone else, but it sure was to me. So, my children, along with Annette's, know a variety of things may happen when I say the "D" word- but they do not want to chance just what it may be.
Anyway, Annette and I were on staff at the ministry together and even found ourselves pregnant at the same time. Annette has 3 beautiful children, who are so close together in age you could call them Triplets..practically! (post below). When I would watch Annette with her kids, I would say "THAT is the kind of Mom I want to be.." I know she would argue this, but she's pretty close to the perfect Mom- I have learned so much from her. Not to mention, she looks almost perfect for having 3 kids, is beautiful, and her hair is every women's envy!
Here's a little bit about Annette followed by a post from her own Blog, "Bleubird Diary", where she shares from her heart and experiences (I encourage you to slip over, take a peek, and follow her Blog). She was also kind enough to answer some of my questions which I will be posting tomorrow (ya'll come back now).

Annette Yanez is a mother of three wonderful kids, Alex, Delisa and Noah. She has been married to her husband, Bobby, for ten years. Annette grew up in the Austin, Texas area and then moved to Columbus, Texas to attend Texas Bible Institute and later staying on staff there for over 8 years serving in different areas of ministry. Annette is currently pursuing her undergraduate in Christian Counseling at Liberty University.

Triplets...practically!
I never have given myself credit for having my hands full with 3 little kids.  Not just any 3 little kids who are spaced out in age but 3 little kids that are about a year apart!  Yes, a year apart!  Here let me make my point a bit stronger by listing out the years I had them: 2005, 2006 and 2007.  If that is not strong enough how about their age: 5,4 and 3!  So yes, 3 little ones in 3 years!
When we are out or meeting new people they always acknowledge the fact how close the kids are and how busy we must be with just them.  Maybe now that I am finally recovering from my pregnancies I am not so delusional so I am understanding that statement.  Humor me as I am coming to terms, please…. just for a moment though imagine your youngest one and multiply  that by 3.  Imagine the wiggly, the test  of boundaries, the  fussiness, the questions, the anything your kid does.  Picture the one child jumping of the coach, you repeating yourself for the second time to  not jump again as they are mid-air jumping.  Can you even imagine 3 kids one by one jumping off the coach and really you have no chance in telling them to stop as they are too quick for your words!  I do not even have to go into bedtime with 3 kids doing the wave as they get up to “use the bathroom”….you get the picture.
So From now on I am no longer responding with my usual of saying “oh not really they are great kids”,  which they are.  I will be bold in saying “you bet I am busy!” I am  busy with triple the amount of hugs, triple the amount of kisses, triple the amount of giggles, triple the amount of love!  How could my heart not be full?

No comments:

Post a Comment