Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bra Shopping With My 5 Year Old: Unscripted!

You know those conversations that you have at times, most often with your children, and there is absolutely no way it could be scripted? Well, I had one of those moments today that was just way to funny and real not to share! This is no life changing post, but it should definitely make you smile and laugh!
I have been in desperate need to get a couple of new bras- or I guess My "Girls" were in desperate need of them. We had a little time, so headed to a department store that so happened to be having a huge sale and was jam packed. We headed over to the "Intimate Apparel" department, and OF COURSE- as soon as we get there Gianna has to go potty! Lupe ran her to the bathroom while Tenly stayed with me to help me with my not so fun task of finding the right bra. Okay, it's no secret that my "girls" are on the larger side, and I wear the unpopular size of a 34DD- VERY hard to find! Even harder to find nice, pretty, good 34DD's on a budget, so Tenly and I set out on the search. Funny enough, she was having the time of her life bringing me EVERY kind of bra imaginable, to which I kept repeating, "Yes, Tenly! That's beautiful, but we have to find one in Mommy's size!". Tenly would reply, "Okay, Mommy- I'll find it!".
As we came to the not so pretty "fuller" bra's- Tenly was NOT impressed- these were just not as pretty as the others she insisted! I just told her we'd keep searching until we found Mommy's size. Let me remind you, this store was PACKED! All of a sudden, I hear Tenly saying (loudly), "No, no, no,no, no, no,no....". She asked me, "Mommy, do you know why I keep saying NO?". "Why are you saying NO, Tenly?", I asked. Very frustrated and loud she replied, "Because Mommy, none of these BOOBIES fit you- you are just to big for all these BOOBIES and you must get beautiful BOOBIES not these!".
You could of heard a pin drop in that department before you heard bursts of giggles from every direction. To which, I repeated, "I'm so sorry" to about 15 people and tried to explain to Tenly, unsuccessfully, that these are bras for Mommy's boobies.
It was about 5 minutes later when I started hearing, "No,no,no,no,no..." again followed by another spurt of, "All of these boobies are not pretty: these are all NO's Mommy!".
A couple of ladies came up to me and thanked me for giving them their best laugh in a week, and were very appreciative to my 5 year olds unscripted view of Bra's and Boobies!
Needless to say, I did manage to find 2 bras that met Tenly's approval! Not as beautiful as the bright pink polka dot bra- but she did approve of the "Boobies" I picked out.................
(BTW, I had to type this very quickly- so I apologize for it being written rather sloppily!)

No comments:

Post a Comment