Friday, April 13, 2012

Random Happenings of Late and Peace

I'm feeling just a tad guilty for not blogging in some time- it has not been intentional and at the forefront of my mind. I have mentioned before that I do not write a post for the sake of just writing one, I always want there to be a purpose behind what I write- sometimes it's to help me, sometimes it may be something I think could help another and sometimes both. Well, every time I've sat down to attempt a new post, I had nothing. So, I've waited and now here I am.My mind, my spirit, my thoughts, ME- are in a good place. I wake up in the mornings to peace. To many that may not be such a big deal. But after the roller coaster my family has been on within the past 18 months, peace is welcomed, adored, and embraced. Mind you, the past week has been a little crazy.
After I was not able to attend a dear friends wedding at the last minute (that I was bummed about), but we decided we would go ahead with the already planned trip to Clearwater to visit with my parents over Easter weekend. We went sight seeing, had lunch with cupcakes and ice cream before Lupe had to head home to work and we stayed to finish out the holiday. Swimming, Easter egg hunts, Easter dresses, Easter baskets, church Easter celebration, and a sick little girl. On Saturday afternoon while we were swimming, Tenly began feeling yucky and we later discovered a high fever. After a couple of days we had a nasty cough to match the fever that she then shared with her sister. After missing 3 days of school, it looked like she was doing well enough to return the next day. That is, until she was up all night coughing and the fever returned the next day. Yesterdays doctors appointment revealed a double ear infection and bronchitis- YUCK!
Gia is still recovering but both are finally doing better. (Dreading a whole weeks worth of makeup work)
In the midst of that, another infection showed up on my right chin (total count now is 5  infections). This one was minor in comparison to the others and is already disappearing and I am thankful.                                                                                                                                          Also, Yesterday, Lupe had some dental work done. After the feeling returned to his face, he was instructed to take 4 Motrin to ease any discomfort. So, at around 5:00pm he did just that- it wasn't until he couldn't keep his eyes open that we realized he had taken 4 Motrin PM's! Needless to say, he was out for the night. Not that it adds anything to this story, except it was quite funny! The whole family is currently on some type of antibiotics for something. Now just to make sure we take the right ones, lol! (Lupe is no longer allowed to manage or buy medications)
"You POOR thing..." has been said to me regarding the craziness of the last week. I found myself very frustrated by these comments- this is nothing! I was not sharing the situations for pity, but just to communicate a typical wife/mom's events of the day. I guess I needed, or wanted, to hear how great everything seemed inspite of the very small curve ball thrown at us. Don't feel sorry for me, come on- in comparison to all the other junk- this is nothing! We got this, God's got this! It kind of makes me laugh now, because we are just the opposite place of that- we are in complete peace. Not that I do not appreciate concern, I guess it just hit me the wrong way.
We are finding our family at a bit of a crossroads having to make an important decision (I can't go into details YET). As Lupe and I were talking last night (before Lupe drugged himself to sleep), we were discussing options and how we felt directed in the situation. My heart was overwhelmed and thankful as Lupe put his arms around me, and as the man God has placed over this family, began to pray for clear direction in the situation. At that moment, once again, we were engulfed in God's peace knowing He was in control and everything would come together in His timing.
I have also taken on a project that I am both elated and terrified of! I'm not at a point of sharing yet (is that just mean??), but know I will in due time. Just pray that God will open the doors that need to open, I would have divine appointments and direction, and that I will not be controlled by fear of the unknown.










































No comments:

Post a Comment