Tuesday, September 6, 2011

O, What A Feeling!

It's a "different" feeling, I wont lie.With so many questions, I guess I'm supposed to be freaking out- as I have done many times in the past. But, this is such a great feeling to be walking in such wonderful Peace! It really is.
What's different now, than in the past? Well, not that I haven't prayed about difficult situations in the past, but  I think I've done it out of duty. That's just what we're suppose to do as Christians- pray. It doesn't take a genius to figure the difference between "duty" and heart felt prayer coupled with a trusting and faith heart. I think that has made the biggest difference, but also surrounding myself with praise and worship as often as possible to set the atmosphere and attitude of my day and my heart. This feeling of Peace is a wonderful feeling!


My family and I attend Community Christian Church, and the past 2 weeks have left me encouraged and given me a "settling for nothing less" attitude. A couple weeks ago Pastor Scott was finishing up a series on "Life's To Short". On this particular Sunday he was encouraging us to Dive In, he stated this quote (can't remember who said it originally): "There are people who prefer to say 'yes' and those who say 'no'. Those who say 'yes' are rewarded by the adventures they have. Those who say 'no' are rewarded by the safety they attain." When Lupe and I heard him say that, we both looked at each other and nodded our heads. It took us back to leaving Texas, when so many thought we were crazy. We had so much safety there, and we knew leaving was going to be an adventure (Boy, were we RIGHT!)- but because we knew, that we knew, that we knew...we said 'yes'.
Team:No Limits from Expedition Impossible
This past week, Pastor Tim (our youth pastor) spoke on "Faith..No Matter What". You know how you sit in church thinking, "WOW, he is preaching directly to me!" To the point, you think someone has been giving him "inside information". Well, I guess God is the somebody giving out the info- and I am so thankful the pastors are listening! Pastor Tim made it is so simple and plain, which it actually it really is- not always easy- but simple and plain. He shared this clip from a TV reality show called Expedition Impossible, the premise of the show is to be the first team to make it to each destination so not to be eliminated and be the last team standing. One of the teams of 3, had a blind guy on it along with his long time best friend. The 2 of them had gone on many expeditions over the years which built a friendship of complete trust and trust. In this clip, Leap of Faith, the guys are about to jump off a clip. The link I posted here shows a small portion, but if you watch that whole part at this link: Expedition Impossible: Leap of Faith it's even more eye opening. This guy, Eric, trust and has total faith in his friend with no doubts, it's a pretty amazing thing to watch.
Anyway, I said a lot to say- That although Lupe's replacement was hired, last week, suddenly it was decided that it was not going to work out with that particular person. Which means, Lupe still has time to look while they continue to look. I know it's such a small thing, but WOW- God knows!
I am "Finding Myself" with a lot more faith and trust and it's make this journey so much easier. Thank you to all of our friends who are praying and sending us job tips and possibilities- you are making such a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment